Demolition: Complete

It's been a long, dirty week. But damn it feels good to say that I've completed the demolition phase of this project! I had a great guy named Paul, who worked with me and helped in the heavier aspects of cutting pipes and wall studs, for which I lacked the necessary equipment, but other than that, I dominated that place myself. And if felt good to be in there, working with my hands and getting dirty after all these months of planning and crunching numbers. The building was a huge mess, but the dumpster showed up 5 1/2 hours late on Wednesday. But I relentlessly filled it up late into the night. When I left, it was 80% full and I was worried about fitting the rest in there, let alone the prospect of others less scrupulous filling it with their own refuse overnight. When I arrived the next morning, I found that the dumpster divers had indeed been there... But instead of filling it further, they'd scavenged and removed some things, leaving it only 60% full! This turned out to be a great blessing because I was just barely able to fit in the rest of the trash as it was, and definitely wouldn't have been able to if it had remained as full as I'd left it. But I did fill that dumpster, filled it good and hard. And when I left for the day, the building was totally cleaned out and swept. The distillery is revealing itself more and more all the time. Demo phase is complete, and now it's ready for the construction and build-out phase to begin soon...

BlogDaveW